Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bloom Day Post - July 2013

 Echinacea pururea - Purple Coneflower
I'm sure there will be plenty of these posted on this months bloom day post. I purposely allowed these seedlings to multiple to create this large grouping. Some designers would call this a "block" planting, which I suppose it is. This too shall change.

The pollinators do love it.
Let's not forget my newest favorite, Dalea purpurea-Purple Prairie Clover.
Visiting grandaughter, loving the blooms.
And my pal, Sid. Loves the feel of the Yarrow.
Happy July Blooms everyone. You can join everyone at the monthly bloom meme, May Dream Gardens. Thanks Carol.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I need to try echinacea again. Cute garden visitors you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that large, generous swathe of Echinacea...especially in concert with the soft yellow Achillea and powdery blue Panicum...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a couple of future gardeners???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I tried to respond to your blog but to no avail. Yes, I can only hope.

      Delete
  4. We have some favorite blooms in common, and grandkids who like to come over. Is that a hoverfly in the photo between a butterfly and the Purple prairie clover? I have some of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the ID. The eyes sure are large, however.

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are correct. "hoverflies are distinguished from other flies by a spurious vein, located parallel to the fourth longitudinal wing vein." Wiki

      I thought it looked like a bee not a flie. Some entomologist I am.

      Delete
  5. I can't have enough purple coneflowers in my garden. The pollinators do love it. I observe that they prefer it over the daisies and rudbeckia. So glad you get to share your garden with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for young gardeners!
    My Coneflowers seem to be late this year (just budding), yours are so beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Greg, One of my goals is to grow Dalea. Sweet grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving any comments, they are always welcomed. Sorry I had to add word verification as spam was becoming a huge problem. Greggo,