Thursday, February 10, 2011

Amaryllis to the Rescue

I have been home from work for going on three weeks. I injured my supraspinatus muscle which is a part of the rotator cuff. Surgery will be performed on valentines day with many days of therapy and recovery to follow. Arghh, right during the prime gardening season! And lets top that off with 20" of snow and below zero temperatures. A recipe for gloom. Whats a green blood gardener to do? Amaryllis to the rescue, at least for the time being.


Carol at May Dream Gardens has a interesting post about amaryllis: Amaryllis

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I got my "fix" at the Lowe's houseplant section last weekend. Forced tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, cyclamen. It was like a botanical garden...only on a rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your injury! You are right; that's particularly awful because it hampers spring gardening! I hope all goes well with your surgery and there are no complications afterward. Your amaryllis are beautiful and should cheer your recovery. Maybe physical therapy can include a little gardening!

    20 inches of snow! I'll take my 2 inch dusting, thank you!

    I appreciate your visiting my own blog and commenting on my snowy monster post. My camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ40. It is a hybrid, sort of a cross between the SLRs and a point and shoot digital. It has macro as well as telephoto capabilities using the same lens and the photographer can adjust the settings manually or let the camera decide what's best. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your injury, I hope it heals fast and well. Your solution to winter gloom is great - your amaryllis looks gorgeous. You have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well with your surgery. I love these amaryllis. This far south, we grow them in the ground. Thankfully, the snow in Birmingham ws short lived. We are expecting a high in the 60's tomorrow. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful...such a heartening sight in the middle of winter! I tried to grow them in my garden one year after they bloomed...did not work well :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving any comments, they are always welcomed. Sorry I had to add word verification as spam was becoming a huge problem. Greggo,