- Plants die. Sometimes it's your fault; sometimes it isn't.
- Lawn grass would rather grow in your garden than in your lawn.
- "No maintenance" is just a figure of speech.
- If you water your garden, it will rain. If you don't water, it will be dry.
- If you let other people dictate your garden choices, you will end up with a garden that doesn't make you happy.
- Weeding is not a good way to introduce gardening to a young child who can't tell the difference between the plants you want and the ones you don't.
- A gardener-of any skill level-who can't admit to making mistakes is either a fool or a liar.
- You should stop pruning while the tree still has a few branches.
- If deer don't eat it, then rabbits, voles, or groundhogs will.
- You will often buy more plants than you need.
- You will often buy more plants than you can afford.
- You will always buy more plants than your spouse thinks you need or can afford.*
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Posted by greggo at 6:56 PM